Thank you to all who participated in our survey about COVID safety and masking at TVCJ events. The survey revealed that:
- About half of respondents were comfortable with indoor events.
- Three-quarters of respondents wanted everyone masked indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Only a quarter of respondents were comfortable with masks being optional, even outside.
- A majority of respondents were only comfortable with food if the event is held outdoors or with social distancing.
Our events bring together people from different geographical areas and include many young, unvaccinated, and vulnerable people. Based on the survey results as well as growing concerns over the Delta variant and changing government guidance, the TVCJ Board has decided on the following policies for upcoming events:
- Events will be held outdoors; in poor weather, events will be held virtually.
- All event attendees must wear masks except when eating.
- Family groups will maintain 6’ distance while eating.
We will continue to monitor new guidance and trends in the pandemic’s progression, and will make changes to these policies as needed.
We look forward to seeing you (outside) soon.
The TVCJ Board